Board of Trustees
In setting up Eden Primary under the Government’s Free School initiative, we created a charity called Eden Primary Trust.
The Members of Eden Primary Trust Charity are:
The Members of the charity then appoint a Board of Trustees (Governors) with specific responsibility for Eden Primary.
- Steve Miller – Trustee, Chair of Governors
- Paul Dossett – Trustee, Vice Chair
- Helen Graff – Trustee, Head Teacher
- Amelia Lasserson – Elected Parent Trustee
- Celia Newman – Elected Parent Trustee
- Brian Lerner – Trustee
- Simone G Newton – Trustee
What does Board of Trustees do?
The Board is ultimately responsible for the good running of the school. Trustees’ responsibility is primarily strategic, meaning that they are concerned with the bigger picture rather than the day-to-day operational detail (which is the responsibility of the Headteacher).
- Set the strategic framework within which the school operates.
- Determine the character, aims and ethos of the school, and develop and monitor school policies, plans and procedures.
- Guide the finances, and set annual budgets.
- Hold the school to account in terms of pupil progress, financial management, Head Teacher performance and pupil and staff wellbeing.
- Monitor the school’s activities through regular visits.
- Act as a ‘critical friend’ and offer “robust challenge” to the school by questioning and evaluating the Head’s reports and School Development Plan.
- Participate in sub-committees devoted to particular aspects of the school’s life. These include committees on:
- Audit, Finance, Risk & Staffing
- Headteacher’s Support & Appraisal
- Ensure the school is compliant with Department for Education regulations.
A named trustee is responsible for Admissions and another for Safeguarding. Each year in September Link Trustees are appointed in line with the priorities outlined in the School Development Plan.
To contact any of our board of trustees or find out how to become a board of trustees please email Yeliz Ozturk on firstname.lastname@example.org
Agendas and Minutes of Board of Trustees Meetings