In setting up Eden Primary under the Government’s Free School initiative, we created a charity called Eden Primary Trust.
The Member’s of the charity then appointed a governing body with specific responsibility for Eden Primary.
|Stephen Frosh||Chair of Governors|
|Jen Brodkin||Community Governor|
|Paul Dossett||Community Governor|
|Rebecca Taub||Community Governor|
|Steve Miller||Community Governor|
|Moses Kirosingh||Staff governor|
|Jo Sassienie||(Ex officio as Head Teacher)|
|Keren Querfurth||Parent Governor|
|Amelia Lasserson||Parent Governor|
|Julia Alexander||Co-opted Governor|
|Click here for full details about each member|
What does the governing body do?
The governing body is ultimately responsible for the good running of the school. Their responsibility is primarily strategic, meaning that they are concerned with the bigger picture rather than the day-to-day operational detail (which is the responsibility of the Head Teacher).
- Set the strategic framework within which the school operates.
- Determine the character, aims and ethos of the school, and develop and monitor school policies, plans and procedures.
- Guide the finances, and set annual budgets.
- Hold the school to account in terms of pupil progress, financial management, Head Teacher performance and pupil and staff wellbeing.
- Monitor the school’s activities through regular visits.
- Act as a ‘critical friend’ and offer “Robust Challenge” to the school by questioning and evaluating the Head’s reports and School Improvement Plan.
- Participate in sub-committees devoted to particular aspects of the school’s life. These include committees on:
- Finance and staffing
- Head’s Evaluation
- Ensure the school is compliant with Department for Education regulations.
Download the Governors Code of Conduct (PDF document)
Governor Attendance (PDF document)
Register of Interests(PDF document)
Governors full list and joining dates (PDF document)
Eden Primary Articles of Association (PDF document)
Charity Commission Guidance (PDF document)
Eden Governance and Constitution (PDF document)
To contact any of our governors or find out how to become a school governor please email Andrea Collett