What is the Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding given to schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. We receive additional funding for children for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years. We also receive additional funding for looked-after pupils and children who have been adopted from the UK care system.
How do we use Pupil Premium Funding at Eden to raise attainment?
At Eden Primary, we have high aspirations and ambitions for our children and we believe that no child should be left behind. A central pillar of our school ethos is diversity and we are determined to ensure that every child in our school is given every chance to reach their full potential and any gaps between disadvantaged pupils and their peers are closed.
We strongly believe in considering each child as an individual, identifying their barriers to achievement and addressing them with personalised targeted support so that they can flourish. The school provides a core offer to eligible pupils which consists of the following:
- Targeted support from senior leadership for classroom teachers to develop the quality of teaching with a particular focus on personalised learning and feedback.
- Academic Interventions and support to raise attainment and accelerate progress in English and Mathematics.
- Enrichment activities to provide wider opportunities and enhance self-esteem; subsidised extra-curricular activities and trips.
- Personalised interventions; including work with professionals from our SEN hub to deliver targeted support to address barriers to learning.
- Social activities: subsidised breakfast club places and social skills groups.
Each eligible pupil receives a personalised offer based on the relevant components above.