School Development Plan Summary
The School Development Plan (SDP) is a strategic plan for improvement. It brings together, in a clear and simple way, our priorities for Eden, the main measures we will take to raise standards, the resources dedicated to these, and the key outcomes and targets we intend to achieve.
The plan is drawn up by the Headteacher and Senior Leadership team (SLT) using many sources of evidence:
- academic outcomes and evidence from school self evaluation across the previous year
- input from all staff through evaluations of work done and through the staff survey
- the views of pupils, collected in a variety of ways
- information from the annual parent survey and parent partnership meetings
- external professional reviews from School Improvement Partners and the Schools Partnership Programme (SPP)
- up to date research into best practice in education
- the latest OFSTED framework
- local and national developments.
A summary is drawn up in June each year and Trustees meet specifically to discuss priorities. A detailed version of the plan is then written by the SLT.
The SLT use the plan to organise staff training, inform the monitoring and evaluation cycle and to measure progress towards our goals. Trustees use the document to plan the areas of the school they wish to monitor and the visits they make to school across the year.
The School Development Plan document is ‘live’ to enable it to be up to date, and it is formally evaluated three times per year.