A Jewish school where everyone is welcome

External Services

Specialist external services we use when we think extra help is needed

Sometimes a child will have needs that will benefit from additional help from a specialist outside the school. Depending on the child’s needs we draw on support from:

  • Speech and Language Therapy
  • Occupational Therapy
  • Physiotherapy
  • Child Psychology
  • Child Psychotherapy
  • Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
  • Hearing Impaired Service
  • Visual Impaired Service
  • School Nurse
  • Social Services

We will always communicate with parents if we think additional support is needed before we contact other services. Referrals are made to outside specialists using the local authority referral thresholds.

At Eden, we have a specialist inclusion hub which consists of small team of specialists (occupational therapist, speech therapist, physiotherapist, child psychotherapist) who work in school as part of a multi-disciplinary team with children who do not qualify for local authority support. We will discuss with parents if a referral to one of these specialists might be beneficial. Parents or carers can decide whether to refer although there may be a cost associated with this referral if individual assessment or intervention is required.