Purpose of the Policy (download here)
The purpose of the assessment policy is to:
- Achieve consistency in assessment and performance monitoring across the school and the curriculum.
- Establish a rigorous system of assessment and measuring achievement to ensure that children are making good progress and attaining at ambitious levels.
- Ensure that all pupils progress well from their starting points and achieve or exceed standards expected for their age nationally
- Continue the use of Target Tracker as the school’s current system for tracking progress, monitoring achievement and setting targets for individuals and groups of pupils.
- Ensure that assessment is clearly related to relevant performance descriptors within Target Tracker, the EYFS curriculum, the National Curriculum and other aspects of the school’s general studies curriculum.
- Give clear guidelines to staff on the assessment of children’s work and performance and related administrative tasks
- Set clear expectations and assessment criteria for both staff and children.
- Define roles and responsibilities to ensure that assessments are undertaken in a timely, appropriate and accurate manner.
This Policy must be read in conjunction with the following policies:
- Marking and Feedback Policy
- Presentation Policy